Date, Calendar, TimeZone ComponentThe Date, Calendar, TimeZone Component is a non-visual COM component that can be accessed by Visual Basic or C++ through a normal COM interface.
The Date, Calendar, TimeZone Component enables you to easily set dates, times, time zones, weeks and weekdays, validate them, convert them from and to other formats, calculate specific days (e.g. 4th Monday in April) or holidays (e.g. Easter), add them, subtract them and a lot more in your application. Access to the functions is provided via a COM interface or an automation interface, depending on the programming language you use.
What's new in Version v1.51
- Minor changes.
RequirementsThe component is a small COM-DLL (100 KB) built with ATL (ActiveX Template Library). It requires Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0 (SP3), Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
SoftwareDownload latest version (self-extracting zip file).
Free for private use and commercial use.
DetailsThe Date, Calendar, TimeZone Component is a non-visual component that gives you a rich library with many functions for working with dates, times and calendars. The calculation of dates and time can be a tedious and time-consuming job. Using this compoment you will save much time in developing your application which is also safer because all functions are well tested. Languages like Visual Basic or C++ can access the component through a normal COM interface. Scripting languages like VBScript can access the component through an automation interface.
- General methods
- Methods to set values
- setNow, setNowDate, setNowTime, setNowUTC, setNowDateUTC, setNowTimeUTC
- set, setDate, setTime
- setTo, setToDate, setToTime
- setYear, setMonth, setDay, setHour, setMinute, setSecond, setMicro
- setWeekdayBefore, setWeekdayBeforeEqual, setWeekdayAfter, setWeekdayAfterEqual, setWeekdayNearestEqual
- setDaylightTime, setStandardTime
- Methods to convert
- convertFromDosDateTime, convertToDosDateTime
- convertFromWinFileTime, convertToWinFileTime
- convertFromVBDate, convertToVBDate
- convertFromUnixTime, convertToUnixTime
- convertFromDotNetTime, convertToDotNetTime
- Methods to get values
- get, getDate, getTime
- getTo, getToDate, getToTime
- getYear, getMonth, getDay, getHour, getMinute, getSecond, getMicro
- getMaxYear, getMinYear
- getMaxDay, getMaxDayOfYear
- getWeekday, getWeekdayAlt
- Methods to compare
- equal, equalDate, equalTime, notEqual, notEqualDate, notEqualTime, before, beforeDate, beforeTime, beforeEqual, beforeEqualDate, beforeEqualTime, after, afterDate, afterTime, afterEqual, afterEqualDate, afterEqualTime
- compare, compareDate, compareTime
- Methods to calculate
- prevDay, nextDay, lastDay
- addYears, addMonths, addDays, addHours, addMinutes, addSeconds, addMicros
- subYears, subMonths, subDays, subHours, subMinutes, subSeconds, subMicros
- diffYears, diffMonths, diffDays, diffHours, diffMinutes, diffSeconds, diffMicros
- adjFromTZ, adjToTZ, adjTZ